Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not Top 5? No my top 4 concerts

Here's a list of my favorite concerts I don't go into full detail the things that happen but just some detail. NOTE :The way the concerts are rank does not reflect the ranking of talent keep in mind.



New Kids on the Block w/ Lady Gaga & Natasha bedingfield 2008

This is my number one concert for sentimental reasons; New Kids were the first artist/group I ever liked so I was more excited about this one. Lady Gaga open up the show and at this time she wasn’t a big star yet I was sitting there watching her and like 0_0 I can’t explain it LOL she was different but I was intrigue. This was during her just dance days and I figure she would be a one hit wonder but as we know that was not meant to be. Natasha was good she has a nice voice and performed well live. Then the main attraction New Kids on the block, the child in me was dying lol. They are a big part of my childhood and I love going back to my childhood when I can LOL. They are good live as well... they are so much Fun they get the audience into the show. I left the show pleased.


Closing thoughts – I was happy that I got the chance to see the group that started my whole music obsession but who would have thought two years later the only one I care about now is Lady Gaga. Go figure



2.



Maxwell w/ Jill Scott 2010

This was the concert I went to yesterday and it was so GOOD. This should really be my number one. The comedian guy torry open up the show and well was funny in the beginning but got vulgar in the end. It’s one thing to do dirty comedy but dirty comedy can also become tasteless. And the sexually jokes went tasteless in the end. Hey the audience laughed but I didn’t. So next Jill Scott was up she was really good. She has a very powerful voice I wasn’t feeling her at the moment because of some interracial comments she had made in an interview but I still like her though. Then Maxwell who I must say is a beautiful man. The women were going crazy and I was laughing my butt off at them. He is good live as well and someone was saying he messed up a lyric who cares he fine he can mess up the lyrics all he want. Women throwing their panties on stage and he playing with the panties yeah it was that type of concert. It was a good show definitely a fave of mines.


Closing Thoughts – I love when I can go to a concert and the people can SING and LIVE at that. Would I see Maxwell again a part of me would but the women (and men) are too much LOL so if he puts out a DVD I would buy it for sure.

3.

T.I. w/ Ciara , T-pain , Lloyd , Yung Joc & Special Guests Jay-Z , Kanye West , 50 Cent , Diddy & Swizz Beatz (Scream Fest aka Scream Tour) 2007


Okay this was my favorite concert for a long time and it will still stay as a fave of mines. I wanted to see T.I. so bad (at that time) so I had got my wish. I wasn’t sure at first as far as would he be good as a performer. Rappers in my opinion are not good in that department I mean they just hold the mic and walk around the stage wow what a good show *sarcasm* but T.I. brings energy and he pulled it off. Ciara is or should I say was a good performer. I’m glad I saw her when she was relevant I used to love Ciara too. Oh Well. Lloyd I liked at that time as well he wasn’t bad to be honest. He basically did the sing and dance thing. Yung Joc I could have did with out. He tried to be sexy which is a no no for him. What happen to Yung Joc anyway? T-pain at this time was popular he actually sung on songs without the auto tune and didn’t sound bad. Maybe he should have done more of that. There were special guest there Funk Master Flex I believe was there and Terrence J and Rocsi showed up too. During T.I. set he brought out Jay-Z, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Diddy &Swizz Beatz(This was a big deal too all the blogs were talking about this concert)This is the Mtv article on it. 50 Cent had came out earlier during Ciara set which was the beginning of the end for ciara when she got involve with 50 that was pretty much it career wise. It was funny to see Kanye and 50 on the same stage because at this time they had that little feud the who will sell more albums mess (Kanye won) But it end up being a publicity stunt but some took it seriously. I think the only one missing from that concert was lil Wayne; most of the top stars were there.


Closing Thoughts – It was a Hip Hop head dream and a huge upgrade from the previous scream tours. It actually was the last scream tour and would I see T.I. again? Yes I would guns and all.
4.    


UCP(Up close and Personal tour)Chris Brown w/ Bow Wow , Omarion , Soulja Boy, Sean Kingston & shop boyz 2007



Now this was of course before the Chris and Rihanna situation and most of these people on this tour are no where near as popular as they once was but it was still a fun concert. Chris is a good performer and that is one thing I would never sugar coat. He really is but I actually wanted to see soulja boy too for some reason. Crank Dat was a huge hit and just like most at that time I was cranking it. I even have his first album but I’m not a fan anymore though. Bow Wow who I will always like (don’t ask) I liked him since I was 13 and it’s just certain artist no matter how wack they get or people feel they have gotten I just will still be fond of. Omarion his man (is he still his man?) was there and this was my third time seeing Omarion he just always popped up at the concerts I went to. I like him as a performer to be honest but like soulja boy not really into him now, Shop Boyz yeah those party like a rockstar people what happen to them? Sean Kingston not even going to lie I liked his first album and now he hanging out with Justin bieber so I guess his career is still intact.




Closing Thoughts – Don’t really have any. It was a fun show Chris is a good performer would I see him again? No I don’t support abuse sadly.






My other concerts were B2K(2003) which were a very popular group and messed up what happen to them in the end. The others at this concert was Marques Houston, Mario and nick cannon. Then the holladay jam(2005) with Bow Wow , Chris brown , Omarion , Marques Houston , Ciara and Trey Songz……..Let’s stop at Trey Songz because I missed him twice. On this tour and a show that was suppose to be at the Apollo Theater with him and Mario which was cancelled. I guess it wasn’t meant to be for me to see Trey Songz but I have no interest in seeing READY Trey Songz anyway.


I seen alot of other artists but they were mostly special guests at the concerts I went to I can't think of all of them at the moment.

In the future I would like to see Lady Gaga(again) Kanye West (again in a full show) Ne-Yo , Jonas Brothers ... I really did want to see them but they still on that disney mess and I just don't know now, Adam Lambert , Usher and Justin Timberlake who I must see before I die. I need to see Justin smh.

No comments: